Please be informed that as of 25 May 2018, the European Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (“Regulation”) becomes applicable, the main purpose of which is to increase the level of protection of personal data and to create a climate of trust that allows individuals to control their own data. Thus, we consider it a good time to inform you how we protect your personal data and how we apply the provisions of the Regulation.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS:
The personal data we process are personal data (first and last name, family member’s first and last name, gender, date and place of birth, signature, physical characteristics, telephone, address, email, profession, job, occupation) data related to the past, present or future physical or mental health status of the patients, collected in the framework of their registration for medical appointments/ services.
We process personal data only for legitimate purposes, such as to provide you with medical services or to provide you with assistance/information about the medical services offered, in order to improve the medical services offered. The processing of personal data is always based on your consent if you have given your consent.
All the staff of TRANSMED EXPERT MEDICAL CENTRE respects the confidentiality of data, having this obligation stipulated in the Job Description, the Organisational and Functioning Regulations, the Internal Regulations.
HOW LONG DO WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA?
Your personal data will remain in our database for at least the period required by the applicable legal provisions in the field, including, but not limited to, archiving provisions or until the patient’s right to erasure of personal data is exercised.
DO WE COMMUNICATE PERSONAL DATA TO OTHER RECIPIENTS?
In order to provide you with the fastest and most comprehensive healthcare services we have outsourced the provision of certain healthcare services to other healthcare partners, while always ensuring that we put in place adequate safeguards to protect your data.
We also transmit your personal data to CNAS – National House of Health Insurance, CASA OPSNAJ – House of Health Insurance of Defence, Public Order, National Security and Authority, SNSPMPDSB – National School of Public Health Management and Improvement in the Health Field, in order to pay for the services rendered.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
- Right to information – you can request information on the activities of processing your personal data;
- Right to rectification – you can rectify inaccurate personal data or complete them;
- Right to erasure of data (“right to be forgotten”) – you can obtain erasure of data if the processing was not lawful or in other cases provided for by law;
- Right to restriction of processing – you can request restriction of processing if you contest the accuracy of the data, and in other cases provided for by law;
- Right to object – you can object, in particular, to data processing based on our legitimate interest;
- The right to data portability – you can receive, under certain conditions, the personal data you have provided to us, in a machine-readable format or you can request that those data be transmitted to another controller;
- The right to lodge a complaint – you can lodge a complaint about the way your personal data is processed with the National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing;
- Right to withdraw consent – in cases where the processing is based on your consent, you can withdraw it at any time. Withdrawal of consent will only be effective for the future, the processing carried out prior to the withdrawal will remain valid;
- Additional rights related to automated decisions: you can request and obtain human intervention with regard to such processing, you can express your own point of view on it and you can challenge the decision.
You can exercise these rights by simply sending a request to our office at 9 Perju Street or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last but not least, you should know that complete and constantly updated information on the processing of personal data can be found on our website, www.transmedexpert.ro. You can also call us at any time and ask for more details at our contact numbers: 0232 222 272.
Your refusal to consent to the processing of your personal data will make it impossible for you to benefit from the services offered by TRANSMED EXPERT MEDICAL CENTRE.